With Valentine’s Day around the corner, I’ve already been thinking of fun things I can do with Glen. He usually takes care of our anniversary celebrations in October – and of course he was the brains behind our entire day of celebrating our engagement – so this year I’m planning our Valentine’s Day date.
Putting together the perfect date can be a little daunting, but I’d love to share a few tips and tricks with you so that your plans come together smoothly and your date is special and unique.
Step 1: It’s All About The Setting
There are a few things to consider when selecting the perfect setting for your date:
– What do you and your partner like to do together?
– What is your budget?
– What time of day would you like to celebrate?
– Would your partner enjoy a traditional or quirky celebration?
Here are a few foolproof ideas:
– A relaxing night in
– A romantic meal at a fancy restaurant
– A movie night
– An afternoon picnic
– A night of watching live music
– Activities such as hiking, canoeing, or snorkeling
The setting for our date is a relaxing picnic. It’s something we love to do together and it is classified as a budget date idea, so I don’t have to go overboard to spoil Glen.
And if the weather doesn’t play along…
Step 2: Food Inspiration
I’ve got some great picnic food ideas that are a little bit different. Thanks to Pinterest, I’ve found some recipes that are more glamorous than sandwiches.